We’re currently hiring both frontend and backend Software Engineers to help us build out the core of our products.
The scope of the work is broad and changing quickly, but generally includes:
- Designing and developing all aspects of our API management platform, including software architecture, deployment, and support.
- Engaging with Buf's users and potential users in the Protobuf and gRPC ecosystems, to demo our product and gather customer feedback.
- Constant learning across a wide variety of technical areas as needed, to solve emerging problems to bring our product to life.
- Help identify and establish best-in-class engineering approaches and practices.
It’s an all-hands-on-deck situation - you’ll be able to have a large impact from day one.
- Backend: At least two years of professional experience in Go.
- Frontend: At least one year of professional experience in React.
- A track record of architecting robust and reliable, production-grade distributed systems, ideally using Protobuf and/or gRPC.
- The ability to move quickly while managing trade-offs of performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
- A bachelors or masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Envoy, Postgres, GCP.
- A track record of existing work within the Protobuf and gRPC communities.
- Opportunity to join the team in the early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).