Release Date: 2023-12-07 | Database version: 241 | Minimum CLI version: v1.23.0
- Bugfix: As part of the Governance worktlow, the “review changes” page for a commit with a breaking change was showing an error and now displays properly.
Release Date: 2023-12-05 | Database version: 241 | Minimum CLI version: v1.23.0
- Python support for generated SDKs: Python engineers no longer need to manage a Protobuf toolchain or generate code locally—they can now download pre-packaged generated code for their Protobuf schemas from the BSR using package management tools like pip, Poetry, Conda, and others that support PEP 503 - Simple Repository API.
- Governance workflow: The BSR now provides the ability to configure a customer SMTP server to send email messages for the governance workflow.
- Account Merging: When a new SSO provider is configured, existing BSR users will automatically be migrated to the new provider based on email matching the next time they log in.
- SLO Dashboards: The SLO alerting threshold for slow requests has been decreased from 250s to 75s, in an effort to be more responsive to slow requests. Additionally, the histogram buckets for HTTP metrics have been adjusted so they are now in parity with RPC metrics.
Release date: 2023-11-07 | Database version: 239 | Minimum CLI version: v1.23.0
- Governance flow: Buf's breaking change policy enforcement includes a review flow, so that when developers attempt to push breaking changes to the BSR, commits can be approved or rejected by code owners instead of being rejected outright. This gives downstream consumers protection from breaking schema changes, but allows for nuance in cases where breaking changes are acceptable.
- Updated activity view: The activity view in the BSR has been updated to support branches and improve the ability to view commit history and tags. Throughout the BSR UI, branches have replaced drafts.
- Generated SDKs: Remote Packages has been rebranded as Generated SDKs, and includes clearer instructions with plugin filtering based on the preferred programming language.
Note: Dashboards and rules are unchanged since release v1.1.0.
Release date: 2023-10-03 | Database version: 222 | Minimum CLI version: v1.23.0
- The BSR now allows customers to enforce uniqueness of Protobuf types and file paths across all modules. This helps to prevent name conflicts between Protobuf types in an application, which could result in fatal runtime exceptions and outages.
- BSR Search now includes results from the content of a module. Module content can be either a module element (service,
method, message, enum) or a module file (
- BSR generated docs now support syntax highlighting and markdown table rendering.
- This release includes new SLO Dashboards for non-RPC endpoints to give visibility into the entire BSR as a whole. There are now separate dashboards to monitor all HTTP requests and Registry requests. See Observability for more information.
Release date: 2023-08-28 | Database version: 208
- Enabled alerting for SLO dashboard
- Adds high-priority alerts with severity=page label for high error rate incidents ErrorBudgetBurn
- Adds low-priority ErrorBudgetBurn alerts with severity=warning label for low error rate incidents
Release date: 2023-07-21 | Database version: 189
- Updated the helm chart to default to using a fully-qualified domain name for the OCI Registry
- Fixed the panic observed in maintenance mode. Previously, a working auth config was assumed; now updated to work without auth.
- Added the option of allowing the BSR to read trusted certificates from mounted files to address a x509 error.
Release date: 2023-07-14 | Database version: 186
- Added support for AWS instance profile credentials
- Updated Grafana dashboards to include recording rules
- Added support for prometheus endpoints
Release date: 2023-07-07 | Database version: 182
- Updated the BSR to use
goosefor database migrations
- Included simple Grafana SLO dashboards with release
Release date: 2023-06-30
- Initial release