- Writing and maintaining technical documentation, style guides, reference material, and templates for the use of Buf’s products.
- Developing Buf’s content strategy to guide the writing and editing of future technical documentation.
- Developing technical blog posts on a range of topics of interest to our users, in collaboration with our Engineering team (see our previous Blog posts for inspiration).
- Improving the quality and consistency of writing on our website, docs, and products.
- Collaborating with the team on Engineering, Product, and Design problems to publish quick starts, tutorials, and step-by-step guides for technical audiences.
- Working with the team to ensure all documentation is accurate, style is professional, and that it adheres to company standards.
- Strong understanding of technology products. Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and the ability to understand Buf’s products is critical to designing an experience that meets their needs.
- Professional experience in technical writing, with the ability to point to past outputs (including product documentation) that you helped develop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, English or a similar relevant program is strongly preferred.
Nice to Haves
- Prior professional experience working with developer tools.
- Experience with the terminology, technology, and ecosystem of distributed systems, including Protobuf and/or gRPC.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).