- Owning the end-to-end recruiting process for our core evergreen backend engineering pipeline.
- Sourcing high potential candidates for a range of technical roles - across engineering, developer relations, design, and product management - with a variety of creative sourcing approaches.
- Managing full-cycle recruiting operations, including creation of and refinement of job descriptions, management of job postings, review of job applicants, and overseeing the candidate interview process.
- Supporting the development of Buf’s technical-first recruiting strategy, as well as improving recruiting processes.
- Partnering with hiring managers to identify talent needs, clarify scope for new roles, and provide support throughout the hiring process.
- Leading introductory conversations and interviews with selected candidates to evaluate their cultural and technical fit for our company.
- Most importantly, creating a seamless and efficient candidate experience.
- At least two years of professional experience in a technical sourcing or full-cycle recruiting role.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Passion for delivering a leading candidate experience.
- A post-secondary degree in any relevant field.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with developer tools companies. Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and the ability to understand Buf’s products is critical in engaging and interacting with candidates.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).