Buf is building a new paradigm for APIs. We create both open-source and commercial software that enables teams to create, maintain, and consume their Protobuf APIs systematically. We believe Protobuf represents a huge improvement on the industry standard of JSON/REST, and are excited to make Protobuf a reality for all teams, from scrappy startups to leading enterprises. Founded in 2020, we have raised money from some of the world’s premier investors, including Lightspeed, Tiger, and Addition. We are just getting started and would love to have your help.
What you’ll do:
As the first dedicated Product hire at Buf, you will build a deep understanding of Buf’s business and technology and begin contributing to our products. You will learn about the Protobuf/gRPC ecosystem, our users’ needs, and our underlying technology.
- Meet with prospective and existing customers to understand product feature requests and scope those features.
- Work closely with our CEO/Founder to refine, develop, and prioritize features within the product roadmap.
- Establish strong customer feedback & prioritization loop into Buf’s products that will inform the product roadmap.
- Establish the operational mechanics of product at Buf by harnessing existing capabilities within the engineering team to create better, faster product lifecycles.
- 8+ years of technical Product Management experience within enterprise SaaS
- Deep technical knowledge of APIs, the internet, and distributed systems
- Experience managing developer-facing products (or similar)
- In-depth practical knowledge of protobuf, gRPC
- Deeply engrained in the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Product or engineering experience focused on developer tools
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics.
At Buf, we embrace diversity. We know that diverse teams make great teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply. It is our goal to ensure that our workplace can be anyone’s workplace. If your experience isn’t an exact match for this job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We’re always looking to add diversity of thought and perspective to our team.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Buf. More details about Buf’s privacy practices can be found at: https://buf.build/resources/privacy/.