- Leading product design from beginning to end, including design workshops and presenting your work to internal and external stakeholders and users.
- Leveraging user-centered design (e.g., interviews, product research) to understand developers’ needs and preferences and inform Buf’s user experience.
- Developing user-centric product designs, including user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final product outputs.
- Supporting the development of website and other marketing material design, in collaboration with frontend engineering.
- Analyzing complicated design problems and complex technology products in order to turn them into highly usable and efficient product experiences.
- Close collaboration with our team on Engineering, Product, and Developer Relations challenges to help advance our products.
- Experience with Software as a Service business models, particularly developer tools.
- Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and the ability to understand Buf’s products is critical in designing an experience that meets their needs.
- Passion for delivering a leading developer experience.
- Professional experience in product design, with the ability to point to past product design experiences that you helped ship.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
Nice to Haves
- Prior professional experience designing and/or using developer tools.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and APIs.
- Prior experience using prototyping tools to make your work come to life.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).