Buf is driving a new paradigm of APIs. Our team builds both open-source and commercial software that enables teams- whether they be small startups or the world’s leading enterprises- to ingest, manage, and maintain their APIs systematically: a huge improvement from the existing ‘wild west’ of JSON/REST. Founded in 2020, we’re gaining momentum and have garnered enthusiasm (with good reason!) from some of the world’s premier investors, including Lightspeed, Tiger, and Addition.
We’re hiring an Office Manager & Operations Coordinator to help us scale our day-to-day operations.
It’s an all-hands-on-deck situation - you’ll be able to have a large impact from day one, and the opportunity to carve your own career path as we grow the organization.
The scope of the work is broad and changing quickly, but includes:
- Responsibility for overall facilities management (including a brand-new Toronto office build out in CIBC Square!) and day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring that both people and processes are performing at their highest capacity.
- Acting as the main point of contact for business vendors, including maintaining existing relationships and establishing new ones.
- Supporting HR and People Operations, including employee onboarding, benefits plans, HRIS, culture building, and other HR-related administration.
- Coordinating the recruiting process for interview candidates.
- Acting as the main point of contact for incoming client calls and guests.
- Leveraging your experience and resourcefulness to address any upcoming operations issues you identify.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility.
- Ability to be self-directed and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Three or more years of work experience.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience in an office manager, operations coordinator, or executive assistant role.
- Professional experience with early-stage companies.
- Professional experience in project management.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
Buf recognizes the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce: We are dedicated to building a team reflective of the global community we serve. We believe that diversity isn’t limited to classifying people (or putting them into boxes), and are proudly committed to building a team that is accepting of, and puts no added emphasis on, any and all classifications; including, but not limited to, race, age, gender, gender expression/identity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or age.