- Designing and developing all aspects of the frontend for Buf’s products, including software architecture, deployment, and support.
- Updating our public-facing marketing and website based on input from Design, Engineering, and Business Development team members.
- Constant learning across a wide variety of technical areas, as needed, to solve emerging problems to bring our product to life.
- Helping to identify and establish best-in-class engineering approaches and practices.
- Familiarity with modern Typescript frameworks, with preference given to the use of React.
- A track record of architecting robust and reliable, production-grade frontend designs.
- The ability to move quickly while managing trade-offs of performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working on frontend products targeting developers, with exposure to Software as a Service systems. Our products target users with complex technical requirements, and a background building products for a similar audience will be helpful to understand their needs.
- Experience working in the Protobuf/gRPC ecosystem, with an interest in improving how organizations work with APIs.
- An excellent sense for good experience and visual design. You’ll be working on problems usually handled by product and design teams, and will be key to shaping our user experience.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is preferred.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).