- Designing and developing all aspects of our products, including software architecture, deployment, and support.
- Engaging with Buf's current and potential users in the Protobuf and gRPC ecosystems, to demo our products and gather user feedback.
- Constant learning across a wide variety of technical areas, as needed, to solve emerging problems to bring our product to life.
- Helping to identify and establish best-in-class engineering approaches and practices.
- At least two years of professional experience in Go.
- A track record of architecting robust and reliable, production-grade distributed systems, ideally using Protobuf and/or gRPC.
- The ability to move quickly while managing trade-offs of performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Envoy, Postgres, GCP.
- A track record of existing work within the Protobuf and gRPC communities.
- Opportunity to join the team in its early days, take on major responsibility, and make meaningful contributions.
- Work as part of an international team coming together to solve real-world engineering problems - Buf employees come from all over the world.
- Extremely competitive cash compensation and equity grants for all employees - we pay US-level salaries, regardless of which side of the border you are working on.
- Professional downtown Toronto office for optimal collaboration. Generous budget for remote employees to travel to Toronto for in-person collaboration and team building.
- Canadian immigration support available to all successful candidates and their families, including permanent residency sponsorship when eligible (Toronto office only).