Buf is driving a new paradigm of APIs. Our team builds both open-source and commercial software that enables teams- whether they be small startups or the world’s leading enterprises- to ingest, manage, and maintain their APIs systematically: a huge improvement from the existing ‘wild west’ of JSON/REST. Founded in 2020, we’re gaining momentum and have garnered enthusiasm (with good reason!) from some of the world’s premier investors, including Lightspeed, Tiger, and Addition.
We’re currently hiring backend Software Engineers to help us build out the core of our products.
- Designing and developing all aspects of our products, including software architecture, deployment, and support.
- Engaging with Buf's current and potential users in the Protobuf and gRPC ecosystems, to demo our products and gather user feedback.
- Constant learning across a wide variety of technical areas, as needed, to solve emerging problems to bring our product to life.
- Helping to identify and establish best-in-class engineering approaches and practices.
- At least two years of professional experience in Go.
- A track record of architecting robust and reliable, production-grade distributed systems, ideally using Protobuf and/or gRPC.
- The ability to move quickly while managing trade-offs of performance, reliability, security, and code quality.
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kubernetes, Envoy, Postgres, GCP.
- A track record of existing work within the Protobuf and gRPC communities.
Buf recognizes the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce: We are dedicated to building a team reflective of the global community we serve. We believe that diversity isn’t limited to classifying people (or putting them into boxes), and are proudly committed to building a team that is accepting of, and puts no added emphasis on, any and all classifications; including, but not limited to, race, age, gender, gender expression/identity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, or age.